Lifespan, founded in 1971, has provided service to Rochester area older adults and caregivers for 46 years. The organization has a $10.4 million annual budget and receives support from the government, The United Way of Greater Rochester, numerous foundations, private contributors, and through service fees. Lifespan employs approximately 160 full and part-time, and we assist approximately 39,000 older adults and caregivers a year.
Someone to Count On
The way we age is changing. With each new generation living longer than the one before, we’re given new opportunities, unknown to our parents and grandparents. And no one understands those opportunities—and the challenges that come with them—more than Lifespan.
Whether you need information about financing long-term care, guidance on eldercare, or advice on health insurance and Medicare, our dedicated team is here to help. We provide unbiased information, guidance and education, as well as more than 30 services to help you or your loved one make the most of the years ahead.
It’s what we’ve done for more than 40 years. And what we’re here to do for you.
Facts About the Organization
- Lifespan was founded in 1971.
- We have a $10 million annual budget.
- We receive support from the government, The United Way of Greater Rochester, and numerous foundations and private contributors, as well as through service fees.
- We employ approximately 160 full- and part-time professionals.
- We assist approximately 39,000 older adults and caregivers each year.
- Our main office is located at 1900 S. Clinton Avenue in Brighton.
- Lifespan's Wolk Cafe at Sibley Square is a full-service older adult center.
- A second older adult center, the Caroline "Lily" Lobozzo Center, is located within the Maplewood YMCA on Driving Park Avenue.
- A third older adult center, is located within the Westside YMCA on Elmgrove Rd.
- A fourth older adult center is located within the Penfield YMCA on Fairport Nine Mile Point Rd.
- Our Future Care Planning team is located at the Al Sigl Community of Agencies on Elmwood Avenue.