Lifespan, founded in 1971, has provided service to Rochester area older adults and caregivers for 46 years. The organization has a $9.3 million annual budget and receives support from the government, The United Way of Greater Rochester, numerous foundations, private contributors, and through service fees. Lifespan employs approximately 150 full and part-time, and we assist approximately 32,000 older adults and caregivers a year.
Someone to Count On
The way we age is changing. With each new generation living longer than the one before, we’re given new opportunities, unknown to our parents and grandparents. And no one understands those opportunities—and the challenges that come with them—more than Lifespan.
Whether you need information about financing long-term care, guidance on eldercare, or advice on health insurance and Medicare, our dedicated team is here to help. We provide unbiased information, guidance and education, as well as more than 30 services to help you or your loved one make the most of the years ahead.
It’s what we’ve done for more than 40 years. And what we’re here to do for you.
Facts About the Organization
- Lifespan was founded in 1971.
- We have a $10 million annual budget.
- We receive support from the government, The United Way of Greater Rochester, and numerous foundations and private contributors, as well as through service fees.
- We employ approximately 150 full- and part-time professionals.
- We assist approximately 32,000 older adults and caregivers each year.
- Our main office is located at 1900 S. Clinton Avenue in Brighton.
- The Wolk Older Adult Center, a full-service older adult center, is located downtown in the Sibley Building.
- A second older adult center, the Caroline "Lily" Lobozzo Center, is located within the Maplewood YMCA on Driving Park Avenue.
- A third older adult center, the MVP Health Care Living Well Center, is located within the Westside YMCA on Elmgrove.
- A fourth older adult center, the Penfield Café, is located at the Penfield YMCA.
- Our Future Care Planning team is located at the Al Sigl Community of Agencies on Elmwood Avenue.