Our Services for Caregivers
Lifespan has an array of services that can help you navigate care options and get support.
1. Care coordination is often the first step in the eldercare process.
We also have specialized care coordination for families caring for someone with Alzheimer's disease. Learn more here.
2. Participate in our Powerful Tools for Caregivers workshop. Learn more here.
3. Our health care coordinators can help with setting medical appointments, can act as advocate for patients at appointments and can provide medication reconciliation in the home. Call us at 585-244-8400 to learn more.
4. Additional services from our Finger Lakes Alzheimer's Caregiver Institute include:
- Family consultation
- Peace of Mind Planning
- Respite options
- Support groups
Learn more here.
5. We can answer questions about Medicaid and financing long-term care. Learn more here.
6. Fall prevention. Our evidence-based Matter of Balance workshop is offered on an ongoing basis. Learn more here. We also do minor home safety modifications and provide personal emergency response systems. Learn more here.
7. Future Care Planning is for families of people with intellectual/developmental disabilities. Learn more here.
8. Numerous resource lists -- from adult day programs to transportation options -- are available on our eldersource.org website.